Jan 18 , 2015, he was 267 pounds …and then he went turbo. 60 days later, he was 213 pounds… which made him think, “what else can I do?”
Marketing Automation startup? Check. Writing a book and information product? Check. Still crushing his main job? Check. Making music after a 20-year hiatus? Check. Amazing marriage? Check. Dad? Check.
What he realized is that what we think is impossible or “hard work” are just symptoms of a lazy brain. He is not a person, he is exponential.
What’s something that has surprised you on your podcasting journey?
- The interviews (stories) surprised him – how amazing these stories are
- Create moments for your listeners
- Doesn’t edit – wants it to be natural – like someone is sitting in on the conversation
- Became a Blisshacker after his divorce – the anti-niche!
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Everybody has a story
- Mindset is so important; it determines success and failure
- Realized the more authentic he was, the better his results
- Blisshacker is a passion project: not a money-making podcast.
- Goal-less things are essential: doing something for fun and being authentic
Tips for growing your podcasting
- Forget downloads and look more at how many lives you impact; focus on making an impact
Monetizing your podcasting
Life is easy:
- Love yourself and be authentic
- Share your unique contribution and voice
- The money will come
- We don’t get the internal stories behind the successful people
- Herofication – putting people on pedestals, then discount our own greatness. How can you be efficient if you do this? – stop!
“You can never HAVE imposter syndrome if you’re being authentic”
“Chase moments and experiences”