Katie Krimitsos is the Founder of Biz Women Rock, a community and education provider for business women around the globe who want to grow their companies.
Her podcast, Biz Women Rock, provides personal business interviews, pertinent topics and actionable information that help her community thrive in their businesses. And her online courses help women in all aspects of building a successful company.
Simultaneously, Katie and her husband Chris run a local entrepreneurs organization called the Tampa Bay Business Owners, a peer community that offers education and collaboration to its members. She and Chris also put on the international podcasting conference, Podfest and founded the Florida Podcasters Association (they kinda like podcasting!)
She is a lover of travel, animals (she has two pet parrots!), the water and is amazingly in love with her very first child, Sedona.
What don’t most people know about you
Katie’s family was like the Von Trapp family when she was growing up – singing, dancing – the whole nine yards : )
What do you have going on right now?
- Rocking the Biz Women Rock Podcast!
- Shortly after her podcast launched, Katie started an FB group that created this online community of amazing women
- Transitioned from 3 times per week to 1 time per week; quality over quantity + maintaining her personal life
- Her audience was the busy, entrepreneurial woman – less ended up being better!
- Transition from interview-only format to also answering questions that were coming in from her audience
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Ask questions your listeners WANT to have answered!
- Be very specific with your questions – otherwise you never know what you’re going to get for an answer (from your guest)
- Make it very easy to engage, listen, and share
- One of her guests has 20 different streams of income! Tune in to hear how Katie takes these nuggets of info about her guests and uses them to help engaged and share valuable insights with her audience.
How Katie is monetizing her podcast
- Income streams:
○ eBook on Amazon
○ Google Ads
○ Affiliates – products/services she believes in
○ Course – Facebook Groups Rock!
○ Coaching podcasters
○ Clients she helps with organization, etc.
- Katie and Brian chat about the difference between an FB Page and an FB Group (why you might focus on one over the other)
A Moment spent doing something you do not love, is a moment wasted.
Spend your time doing things you love!