Ryan is a 15-year personal trainer, father of 3, and has been married for 10 years. Ryan worked as a personal trainer and personal training manager for years for other companies, coaching others to get in shape and get fit.
Then he read the 4-Hour Work Week in 2007, and he saw the possibilities but failed to follow through. It wasn’t until he decided to join mastermind groups where he started to see his actions come to fruition. Today, Ryan hosts Think Like a Modern Man podcast.
What don’t most people know about you?
He’s a big geek! Card games, video games… he loves them all!
What do you have going on right now?
- LOVES podcasting – the transfer of energy is so awesome and unlike anything else available.
- Loves “nerding out on niches” 😉
- Is super focused on fitness and personal development; loves helping men through the transitions of life (mainly focuses on men going from 20s to 30s).
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Be genuine and real!
- Steve Jobs wasn’t always right but he was SURE…
- Had fear and anxiety in moving forward, but knew he had to believe in himself, just like he believes in his kids – powerful lesson here!
- Keep moving forward, keep doing just one thing.
- “Everyone primarily cares about themselves first” – Ryan thinks about how people want to receive information so he can deliver the most value.