Around the world to positions in-house and with agencies in places like Philadelphia, New York, and London, focusing on print and web design. Fortune has allowed Prescott to work in a variety of industries including fashion and finance, and to win a few accolades.
His real passion is working with small businesses on brand strategy, identity design, and packaging. He now creates simple, eye-catching designs that reflect the company’s brand and personality. In addition to blogging about design and branding since 2006, Prescott plays rugby, runs marathons, and swing dances. Oh, and he perform all his own stunts!
What don’t most people know about you?
- Avid swing dancers and a Shakespeare nerd!
What do you have going on right now?
- Busy Creator Podcast is his 2nd podcast
- He learned a ton from his 1st podcast in 2006 (tune in to hear what he did different the 2nd time around!)
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Take it SLOW. Do it methodically!
- Prescott realized that he enjoyed the freelance work he was doing because he didn’t want to be in a “lonely setting”.
- Tune in to hear Prescott and Brian talk about marketing and what comes (or doesn’t come) naturally.
- Prescott’s advice for podcasters: take stock about what you’ve learned and what you’ve discovered and leverage what you already know!
- Find your best routine that is effective and efficient for YOU.
- Be consistent!
- Prescott does 6 things EVERY morning:
o Work out
o Reach out
o Concentrate (mindfulness, meditation, etc.)
New York City Podcast Meet up nycpodmeet.com
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Join us on our next Free, Live Podcast Workshop!