Manny is an author, speaker, coach and mentor, as well as being a podcast show host of The Steep Side of the Mountain. After a childhood filled with an absurd amount of violence, drugs, addiction, neglect, and even brainwashing, Manny has come through to the other side and is now passionate and driven to share his story and to teach others how to overcome the inner obstacles that hold them back and keep them from the life they deserve!
What don’t most people know about you?
Manny can do 200 pull ups – in a single workout! Listen in for an intense workout chat here, including how to do a “progressive pushup”… 😉
What do you have going on right now?
- Launched The Steep Side of The Mountain, and it has been his labor of love and his way of finding self-validation.
- Talks about the quote “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with”, and about how he’s in the process of building his own tribe.
- Goal of his podcast is to put the message out there: you’re not alone. The amount of change you can experience in your life is potentially global, and Manny is out to reinforce that through his podcast.
- Growth is a “low-tech” process at the core.
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Don’t try to be someone else – Do YOU very well!
- First few weeks of his podcast, he was NOT focused on the fundamentals of growth. Listen in to hear Manny’s lessons learned from this, and what he would have done differently from the beginning.
- He was comparing himself to others rather than focusing on what he does best and who he is – don’t compare yourself! It will not bring your forward or one step closer to your goals.
- Get a coach / mentor, and have a SIMPLE Plan.
What struggles have you faced in getting started?
- Hard to keep up with every webinar, training, etc. Manny talks about how he manages consumption and creation.
- Show people your real self
- Don’t worry about your avatar right now, and let people come to you – THEN discover your avatar from that
Biggest growth moments
- Has training as a speaker, actor, singer – understands performance!
- Has a new project he’ll be launching on delivery and presentation
“Get up one more time than you fall.”
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Get your Free Podcast Course and learn how to podcast in 15 days for free!