Sue is the founder of The Ribbon Print Company – custom ribbon printing equipment and consultation. Sue’s corporate experience consists of over 20 years in sales and strategic marketing working with businesses including McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Osco/Sav-On, and numerous smaller organizations.
Sue now has a podcast and business called Gift Biz Unwrapped, which helps people in the gifting and crafting space to take their exceptional products and learn how to master the business behind it!
What don’t most people know about you?
Used to be a cheerleader for the Chicago Bears!
What do you have going on right now?
- Sue saw a need to help people build their businesses the right way, and podcasting came at just the right time!
- She launched her podcast to help business owners get back to the basics – she walks through her guests’ businesses and breaks them down, for her guest’s benefit, and the benefit of her listeners.
Lessons learned in podcasting
- A common theme she’s found over and over again is that people love talking about their passions:
o People end up doing things they enjoyed doing when they were younger – but they never thought about it being a business before.
- Notices that those she talks to who have businesses say they’ve felt a sense of peace when they settled on their business topic / idea.
- TOUGH to let go of production tasks that Sue knows she shouldn’t be doing.
Podcasting growth strategies
- She already had credibility in her space from her existing business, and that definitely helped her grow her podcast. Also had an e-mail list from the trade shows she attended – this was a big help with her launch. (Get a launch team together – your family and friends if no one else!)
- Live Periscoping is something she loves doing, but Sue admits it’s a lot more work than she expected…
- She continues doing it anyway because it’s a great way to keep up to date and refer her audience / viewers back to different podcast episodes she knows can help them
Words of wisdom from Sue
- Make whatever you’re doing UNIQUE. Brian and Sue talk in depth on this topic – fascinating and DEEP!
“The community of Paradise has been AWESOME!”
“Podcast Websites has been SO helpful.”
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Get your Free Podcast Course and learn how to podcast in 15 days for free!