Randy Castellini asks:
“What’s the best way to monetize a new podcast that has not launched?”
Brian discusses how monetizing pre-launch isn’t “typical”, but talks about some ways you can certainly make it happen.
He tells a story about a podcaster who he interviewed on ProfitCast who reached out to a sponsor pre-launch and was able to successfully pitch them for an annual agreement based on the idea of the podcast – not on download numbers or other stats.
Think outside the box by offering…
- Exclusive sponsorship opportunity
- Getting in at the beginning
- How much do YOU want to make? What will make it worth it for you and your listeners?
- Experiment with getting sponsors pre-launch – what do you have to lose?
- Make sure you’re clear about how your listeners AND your sponsors will benefit.
Shout out to @iamtherealbrian for an amazing A to today’s Q!
If you have ANY questions for Brian, head over to eofire.com/ppq to send in YOUR question for an upcoming Q&A episode!
Also make sure to come back and join us on Monday for our interview with another amazing podcaster!