Stacy Curtis wants to live in a world where everyone feels free to share their stories… and listeners gain wisdom from them. As a life story aficionado and writer, Stacy has been featured on many podcasts and speaks at selected events throughout the year.
She enjoys discussing a variety of ways to share family history and life stories, discovering your life theme, writing through difficulties, and how to write a memoir. When she’s not being curious about everything by interviewing fascinating people for the Write of Your Life Podcast, you can find her going on adventures with her two teen daughters, seeking out new places to travel to with her boyfriend Sam, and thinking about lots of new ideas to create… something.
What don’t most people know about you?
- Stacy is actually a TOTAL introvert!
What do you have going on right now?
Stacy got into podcasting in an interesting way…
She LOVES stories, and so she ended up taking a memoir class. Turns out she had stories that were so good and so “crazy” that she was given a scholarship to come back to the class!
This not only helped Stacy through an incredibly difficult time in her life, but it also helped her discover how much she loves memoirs – so much, that she started teaching her own class!
“Ordinary people have fascinating stories.”
Stacy and Brian have a great chat here about the imposter syndrome and the fact that EVERYONE has a story.
Lessons learned in podcasting
Besides Podcasters’ Paradise, the BEST thing Stacy has done to get started with her podcast is hiring a producer to help her put everything together (podcastmonster.com), like:
- Transitions from one segment to the next
- Music that causes emotion in the listener
- How long or short your intro needs to be
- What your listener is experiencing and how you can be constantly improving that
Stacy has declared that she is not going to have a lot of chitchat with her guests… instead, she’s focused on CUTTING TO THE CHASE. She explains why this so important to her.
What struggles have you faced in getting started?
- Show notes is FAR HARDER than Stacy thought…
- Brian and Stacy chat here about what should / shouldn’t you outsource? GREAT TIPS!
Biggest success moment
- Not interested in sponsorships / advertisements – as of now – but Stacy is being super creative by “sponsoring” her show with her own writing course!
Favorite thing about podcasting?
EVERYTHING – Stacy loves podcasting! But what she especially loves is *crafting* her story arc within each episode, and she LOVES connecting with her guests and hearing their stories.
Brian asks Stacy how she’s gotten the word out about her podcast… and Stacy shares GOLD! including, but not limited to:
- Forming a Launch Team of friends & family to help with her launch;
- Asking for ratings and reviews;
- Just getting everything out there!;
- Following up w/ her interviewees when their episode goes live;
- Paradise has been SO helpful!
Stacy has some incredibly kind words she shares about Podcasters’ Paradise and the community we’ve created here. Thank you, Stacy for being a part of the Paradise family!
“If you have a theme or interest at all of any kind, start a podcast and share it!!”
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Get your Free Podcast Course and learn how to podcast in 15 days for free!