Tom is a New York Times bestselling author of 12 books and the host of the Tom Woods Show. He’s won multiple awards and has appeared in dozens of popular and scholarly periodicals, including Investor’s Business Daily, the Independent Review, and the American Historical Review. Tom also has around 100,000 followers on social media.
What don’t most people know about you?
- Spoke in front of 10,000 people in 2008!… but it wasn’t just ANY speaking engagement. Tom shares a funny story about a “counter-convention” that took place simultaneously just down the road!
What do you have going on right now?
Tom talks about some really incredible marketing strategies he’s using right now to promote his podcast. If you’re looking to grow your podcast, then this episode is a must listen!
Among the strategies he’s using, he points to:
- repurposing content and
- leveraging his multiple platforms to help cross-promote what he has going on
As an example, his public speaking promotes his books; his books promote his podcast; his podcast promotes his business; and so on. Genius!
Remember… just because your podcast is free doesn’t mean you can’t market paid content to your listeners!
What is your podcast about?
- Libertarian theories
- Case studies with real examples
Tom and Brian talk about the importance of incremental growth here – how podcasting can be an incredibly powerful medium, but it takes time.
They also talk about the POWER OF FREE.
Tom even shares his formula for how to create a free eBook for your opt in (and how to leverage that to grow your podcast, too!)
“The more you give away, the less annoyed people will be when you ask them to buy something!”
How Tom is monetizing his podcast
- Amazon Affiliates
- Affiliate programs (like Bluehost)
- Audible.com Podcaster’s Program
Tom shares some great advice here about creating free video tutorials for those who use your affiliate links (as a bonus), plus Tom even offers free publicity through his own network for those who use his affiliate link! Love the creativity, Tom!
At the root of it all, EVERY single thing Tom does adds VALUE to his audience – and most often times, it’s free! So when Tom has a paid opportunity to share with his community, they LISTEN.
Tom’s best podcasting advice
- The quality of your show is KEY! If the quality isn’t any good, nothing else will matter.
- Learn how to GROW your audience; be patient.
- Start with a GREAT affiliate program – like Audible or Bluehost (WITH tutorials!)
- USE PrettyLink for your affiliate links.
“Always be thinking of ways to improve.”
Other mentions during this episode
- Uses Lead Digits (from LeadPages) to promote his free book (and grow his email list)
- YouTube has given him attention
- Loves Facebook advertising
- Tom’s subscription website – libertyclassroom.com
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
To find out more about the podcast, visit PodcastersParadise.com
Get your Free Podcast Course and learn how to podcast in 15 days for free!