Just a small-town boy, living in a lonely world. He took the midnight train going… OK, so maybe this recently transplanted NYC’er wasn’t so lonely. For some reason he had Journey on his mind. He is a self-confessed Podcast Junkie, so he started a podcast, Podcast Junkies, so that he could talk to some of the most interesting folks in that space.
What’s something that has surprised you on your podcasting journey?
- Going to CBS radio for some behind-the-scenes recording action! All because of the podcast.
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Looking at some new strategies – getting out of his comfort zone
- At a seminar, sat strategically next to the microphone so he could ask a question – to make a connection with Chase Reeves. Priceless.
- Tune in to hear how Harry gets guests to say YES to being on his show
- Get involved in live sessions, events, etc. and show up to be at some of these things to show interest.
- Treat your guests like GOLD!
- Does video interviews in order to make that face-to-face connection
Tips for growing your podcasting
- All episodes are communicated through social, email, etc.
- Creates show art for each episode (square pic and banner image)
- Repurposes stuff on YouTube
- Being on all of the social platforms in a strategic way and a consistent way has been big for him
- Builds a list of topics for the day so they are consistent across the platforms
Monetizing your podcasting
- Focus on your passion – not on money!
- Provide services/products that your listeners actually want!
- Scratch your own itch/”niche” – what do YOU need? Harry created a tool HE needed and that others needed as well.