Jen is the co-founder and co-host of the twice-weekly podcast, She Percolates. Each week her and her co-host, Danielle, interview interesting and inspiring women who live all different versions of success.
Jen is a new mom who will never claim to have “it all” figured out. Jen has a BA in Political Science and has a background in social media, brand marketing, and non-profit communications, specifically with military families. Jen is also a military spouse and strives to encourage women to live out their own version of success.
What don’t most people know about you?
- Has to have all the doors closed when she goes to bed!
- Applied to go pre-med after high school, and then ended up realizing NO WAY!
What do you have going on right now?
- Met her co-host on Instagram, and they both ended up both in Norfolk, VA.
- Came up with the idea for the podcast in 2014 and decided to interview others around the idea that success is different for everyone.
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Has monetized the podcast one year post-launch, mainly through sponsorships and affiliates (and they don’t have HUGE download numbers… tune in!)
- Started asking their audience and friends questions on Instagram EARLY to help shape their show in the beginning.
- Created an eBook and pre-sold that eBook with success.
- Jen is a “1-stop shop” kind of gal and she joined PP because it provided everything she needed to get started and make this work.
Just start. You can’t get better if you don’t start!