After a successful career in Mutual Fund Operations as the Assistant Vice President of Corporate Quality, Jodi Flynn set off on a new adventure and founded her coaching business. Her specialty is partnering with women who experience self-doubt and overwhelm to overcome stress, get organized, and start creating the business and the lifestyle they dreamed of having.
Her podcast, Women Taking the Lead, inspires women from humble beginnings to overcome self-doubt and lead with confidence, integrity and a sense of humor. The podcast has hit #1 in 3 categories of iTunes New and Noteworthy: Business, Careers, and Society and Culture.
What don’t most people know about you?
Jodi is one of 8 children! Her and her brothers and sisters span 10.5 years.
What do you have going on right now?
- Jodi does workshops and offers coaching, and her and Brian talk about the DISC Test (understanding your personality) and reflect on the training and how it impacts us as individuals.
- Does training / coaching around leadership styles/skills affecting the success and failure of the business.
- Jodi’s podcast, Women Taking the Lead, has helped her make a big shift with her coaching business, which existed before she ever launched the podcast.
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Interviews women and men about leadership advice and styles – loves interviews and talking to others.
- Realized that she could use her blog posts and repurpose them as podcast episodes and that by sticking to topical episodes her numbers would grow significantly.
- How to grow your audience?… Start having FUN! Your audience will pick up on your mood, energy and excitement and they’ll love it.
Best podcasting advice
- Make your guests as comfortable as possible!! Only then will they share GOLD!
- Have fun with your podcast!!
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Join us on our next Free, Live Podcast Workshop!