Kara Lamerato produces & hosts the Wedding Planning Podcast, a 3x weekly podcast dedicated to helping engaged couples plan their wedding day. She also owns Kara’s Vineyard Wedding, an online wedding boutique featuring handmade decor & gifts. Kara’s passions include her family & friends, travel, and enjoying all of the daily freedoms of being a successful entrepreneur!
What don’t most people know about you?
Studied English language, then went into banking & trust, then got into wedding planning!
What do you have going on right now?
- Knew she didn’t want to go back to work after having her daughter – had the entrepreneurial bug to leave and do her own thing. Listen in to hear how she set herself up to ditch the day job!
- Started with her product-based business first – place card holders made out of wine corks.
- THEN decided to start her podcast to explore ways to scale her business.
Lessons learned in podcasting
- Admits she doesn’t have it all figured out but knew she had to just start.
- Has found through starting what her listeners actually want to hear about from her; within just a few weeks listeners were opening up to Kara with content THEY want to hear.
- Talks to women who are engaged and are looking for DIY tips / wedding planning on a budget w/ episodes on M, W and F.
- Launched the podcast without advanced content, a social media following, etc.
- She knew she had to JUST LAUNCH.
Best podcasting advice
- Lighten up! This is YOUR show and you can do whatever you want – give yourself permission to make mistakes because that’s how you learn.
- Repetitive calls to action – make sure people TAKE ACTION! Don’t be annoying, but listeners forget what it was if it’s only said once.
- Just LAUNCH!
“I don’t have time for paralysis by analysis!”
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Get your Free Podcast Course and learn how to podcast in 15 days for free!