Janet Kennedy is a 25-year interactive marketing professional. Co-founder of Get Social Health, a digital and social media coaching agency and the Host of the Get Social Health podcast featuring best practice stories and interviews about social media in healthcare.
Janet has interviewed medical futurists, socially active healthcare practitioners and ePatients, digital health advocates and entrepreneurs. She has developed healthcare marketing content and recently launched Get Social Health Academy: online courses in social media for physicians and healthcare practices.
What don’t most people know about you?
HUGE fan of dressing up – Halloween should be 365 days a year! Tune in to hear an in-depth convo with Janet and Brian if you’re a superhero lover
What do you have going on right now?
- Janet is a social media “early adopter” in her niche
- Felt a need to share the knowledge and success stories of positive social media engagement with other in the health industry
- Her mission: to help her audience catch up with technology
- Started a podcast because she wanted to create longer-form content without having to write it out
Lessons learned in podcasting
- If you’re in the same place with your marketing you were (or others were) 5-10 years ago, you’re not in marketing anymore < yikes!
- BASICS FOR MARKETING YOUR PODCAST (thanks Janet!)…
- How’s YOUR website – responsive? Mobile optimized?
- Blog – start and generate your own content
- Tune in for all of Janet and Brian’s recommendations!
- So much to learn! My guests are incredibly busy, so Janet can’t really “batch” her interviews.
- Twitter sphere is ON FIRE!
Growth strategies for podcasting
- Janet LISTENED to her audience and watched what was happening… and she put together 5 courses for her audience.
- Put together a course for physicians and their staff – a 101-type of course for social media and engagement
- Tune in to hear how Janet knew this was right for her audience
- She then created bite sized trainings for her courses – 3-10 minutes per training so it’s easily digestible.
Biggest piece of advice
Believe in yourself, and just keep trying.
Thanks to our Host, @IAmTheRealBrian for another amazing Podcasters’ Paradise Interview!
Get your Free Podcast Course and learn how to podcast in 15 days for free!